Tuesday, April 22, 2008

how to setup bsnl wireless modem ZTE ZXDSL 531B


This post will explain how to setup bsnl wireless modem ZTE ZXDSL 531B:

1. Go to Network Connections in you PC

My Network Places -> View network Connections

2. Right Click Wireless Network Connection -> Properties -> Internet Protocol (TCP/IP ) -> Properties

3. Enter following entries in IP Addresses

IP address: 192.168.1.5

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222

Alternate DNS server: 208.67.220.220

4. Access admin panel of your wireless modem

http://192.168.1.1

Wireless -> Security

WEP Encryption -> Enabled

Enter a network key and Save

That's it... you are done... refresh the wireless network list and connect to your network...

Happy Surfing...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent!!!

I was trying to use my WiFi on my Macbook and i couldn't do it from the BSNL ZTE ZXDSL 531B Router.

After read this forum, I did the same configuration as explained in my forum and it worked!!!

Really Great...

Thanks...
Balaram

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samir Azad said...

what shall i type the user name and password ..??
i hv dial up user name and password which i dial while using PPPOE connection.
but this is not working in when entering in this page http://192.168.1.1/

Unknown said...

Here is another link for the same.
http://www.thahir.com/computer/internet/how-to-configure-bsnl-wifi-modem-for-reliance-wired-broadband.html

Harkirat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harkirat said...

can u tell me that how can i confirgurate this modem ZTE ZXDSL 531B to connect (name of private telephone company) ???????


how can i confirgurate modem ...?????

thanks... in advance :) *-*

Harkirat

sam said...

wt is a network key i did understand .....wt type of key i need to enter

Unknown said...

can i use this on both pc and mobile

Unknown said...

i want to use my wifi on phone it is open wifi it is connected but when i surf it says gateway error what to do

Technologically challenged said...

Hey! I went to my network places and then clicked on view network connections, but there are only 2 icons there , broadband and local area connection. I cant find any icon for wireless connections. I want to use wifi on my phone using this zte zxdsl 531B modem . Please help.

Anonymous said...

thank you...
i just try setup this modem.
helpful for me

Rakesh Singh said...

here is method to config WLAN
http://techamongus.blogspot.com/2014/06/how-to-config-wlanwifi-modem.html

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.